Tuesday, October 21, 2008

The Brand Spankin' New Blog!

You might ask, "Kevin, you already had a blog - why'd you have to go and start a new one?" Well, my old blog was a conglomeration of random commentary, pictures, and ruminations. I wanted to start something with more of a streamlined purpose. The purpose of this blog is to provide a place for me to display my work and document my growth as both a videographer and photographer while maintaining a personal, rather than business, feel. So don't expect to see long philosophical essays here. But you can expect to see lots of pictures and videos!

Now, at first, this blog may seem a little strange, because I'll be posting a lot of my work from the last couple years. The reason for this is that this blog is the only place I have to create an online portfolio of all my work, past and present. And since I'm looking for more and more photography jobs, I really need a place to which I can direct people to see the work I've done. So bear with me as I trudge through the recent history of my work. It won't be long until this blog is current!

Finally, I know a lot of photographers (and videographers) out there have blogs like this and many of them choose to keep their blog strictly professional. There's nothing wrong with that - but I've decided that my own blog will include updates from my personal life too. After all, if you know me, you're probably most interested in recent pictures of my family! So stay tuned for many pictures - and possibly videos - of Avery (and future kids too - Lord willing). As you can see, there's already one here. Isn't she a cutie?

No comments: