Thursday, October 29, 2009

A New Kitchen in 4 1/2 Minutes

When Kelsey and I moved into our fixer-upper house almost a year ago, I knew that something had to be done with our kitchen. We began the renovation in April and after a crazy-busy summer, finally finished it just this last weekend. I could tell lots of stories about washing dishes in the bathtub, trying to keep a crawling baby from eating pieces of old floor, etc., but I won't go into all the boring details here. Suffice it to say that after 6 months of having a partially renovated kitchen, we are so excited that it is done! Being the videographer that I am, I decided to turn the whole thing into a personal video project. The video below is the entire kitchen renovation sped up 1000 times. Thanks to Doug (Oak-N-Things), Craig, Eric, Marshall, Kyle, Wayne from A/C Electric, Jim from Ace In the Hole, and everyone else who had a part in helping us make this happen!










Before:







During:



After:





5 comments:

Unknown said...

That video was awesome!
1) I can't believe you guys did that while running a business AND caring for an infant. You've got all my admiration for that.
2) Those cabinet guys are fast. That was so cool to watch.
3) Now I'll be able to truly appreciate it when I see it in two weeks!

Unknown said...

4 1/2 minutes? Awesome, when can you do my place?

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to show this to the kids. (They love the Move It Move It song already!) How come you guys didn't wander in front of the camera naked at all?

Christy said...

Just watching it made me exhausted.

That is SO awesome—I'm so glad you decided to do that.

Ben & Ruth said...

Amazing job guy's! Great work and awesome video!

Thank You,
Kane's